Fly Tying

Stranger in a Strange Land...

KC,

I am relating my experience with Atlantic salmon in Canada. If you say that fishing for Alaska salmon is different, I'll have to take your word for it because I have no knowledge of them other than what I've seen on TV. Which, by the way, didn't look all that complicated. I guess they edit it to make the famous guy look good. laugh.gif

All fishermen are parochial in their perspectives and you and I are no different, so let's just leave it at that.

You got them John, PM your address and they'll go out this week.

TB I guess you were not sponsored by the Canadian Tourism Bureau then? A very enjoyable report by the way.

Incidentally, I agree with you on salmon fishing. many folk here in Oz get real excited at the prospect of catching salmon, but all you have to do really is chuck something out on the end of a line and reel it in when it feels heavy. Then you chuck the fish back coz they are good for nothing as far as I can find out.

Hope you next holiday is more enjoyable. Try England!

Anyone who can do more than net fish out of an aquarium has my vote. Anyone who can continue to go and not catch anything has my respect. I'll trade anyone the " hope I can get to go salmon fishing one day" that I have for the "I went and didn't get anything" that they have any day. wink.gif

Wonder if that would work on women?No honey, the grass is not greener... that's why I keep comeing back to you.

Wonder if that would work on women?No honey, the grass is not greener... that's why I keep comeing back to you.

hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

Bud

Sory I missed you on your trip, the storms that wreaked havoc on the eastern seaboard also affected bloodworm sales. The U.S. did not want any, so all the worms were being sold to France. The France market is fusy so we had to do some travelling to find large worms. We were shut down and I did get out one day for a fish. Lost a huge striper at least 30 pluss pounds. I went to buy some circle hooks and was arrested for atempteing to hold up an armoured security vehicle. Only in Canada,...............pity.....Troutbum please come back and run for primeminister!!!

Had the same crap happen to me the weekend of the 4th at Taneycomo.

Drove 4 hours to camp no tent sites avalible , Slept in the car to fish the next morning. Heard 2 guys coming up the trail from the parking lot agree with one another , "That the fishing stunk, 3 16 inchers between the 2 after fishing ALL night". I fished hard for 6 hours and couldn't buy a hit , I tried it all and so did the other 50 anglers in the Rebar Hole . The only good thing was I wasn't the only one that got skunked. Did I mention dropping the fly box and watching it go down stream like a sinking canoe???I did manage to grab it before it tailed up and sank like the titanic. still bad enough to have to try to dry them out while living in the Vibe. Then I had the Idea of leaving the smart fish for the Vacationers and went to Bennett . The fishing was Infinitely better and the crowd wasn't bad for a Holiday weekend and the 4 dollars a night for the tent was better than fighting the @#$*&@!!! Branson traffic any day. So You see my friends , Living a clean life does have its rewards !!!

( Yeah, Right, SSSSUUUURRRREEE!!!) unsure.gif rolleyes.gif wink.gif

Tube