Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
CapeBSalar

Freakin Out!

its a sad day guys, looks like another one of us will bite the dirt. remember these words

yes dear

absolutely dear

you were right dear

please

yes i do still hear perfectly clear

and the most important words

SORRY DEAR

j_k.gif

BESIDES ALL THIS, HAVE THE BEST DAY EVER DAMIAN. ENJOY LIFE TOGETHER

BLESSINGS TO YOU AND YOUR NEW FAMILY

BUD

Congratulations! I'm about a month behind where you're at now. We hook up Sept. 2.

You may be freaking, but just be thankful you're not the bride! Right now, Stef is super stressed over getting the invitations printed in time, finding a dress to rent, getting all the gift registry done, the cake, the table centerpieces, and now the bridesmaid outfits. Her mom insists that ALL the sisters/sisters-in-law are in the same outfits (to prevent a certain sister-in-law from showing up dressed like a tramp). To accommodate this, Stef decided to have the ladies in black skirts (each provides their own) with matching cashmere sweaters. The guys (brothers & brothers-in-law) will be in black pants (each provides their own), white shirts & matching ties (one of the few assignments I have is to pick out the ties), with only me & the dads in tuxes. My mom freaks out about everybody supplying their own black skirt or pants because...get this...there are SO MANY DIFFERENT COLORS OF BLACK that everyone will clash!!! (WTF???) So she calls Stef's mom & shares (& spreads) the worry over the infinite variety of black. Tonight, Stef's mom made her go out & buy matching skirts for everybody, & saturday they're going looking for matching black pants for the guys. I wonder if they got a swatch from the skirts so they can make sure there aren't clashing blacks...the horror. blink.gif This freakish fashion worry pretty much tanks the budget for the cashmere sweaters, and Stef is dissapointed and worried about that now too, as well as having to track down a less expensive alternate.

THEN...my sister called Stef tonight. Stef told her about the skirt thing, and described the style...uh-oh...my sis told her that my oldest sis won't wear the skirt because it will expose her fat ankles. We can't have ten ladies in calf length skirts and one lady in an ankle length...EVERYTHING WOULD BE RUINED!!!

THEN!!! (yes, another THEN)...my mom is worried about finding a dress for herself that has the right shades of yellow & blue to match the wedding colors...as well as coordinating with Stef's mom while still being different enough to be individual. Of course she has to call & share this with both Stef & her mom, so add one more thing that Stef has to stress over.

So...what is it that you're freaking over?

P.S....to get even with the mom's, we are going to insist that we get at least one picture of us WITH the parents, with the guys in waders (over the tux) and the ladies wearing fishing vests....

and everything will be in clashing shades of ... TAN! bugeyes.gif

QUOTE (nightfish @ Jul 22 2005, 02:25 AM)

P.S....to get even with the mom's, we are going to insist that we get at least one picture of us WITH the parents, with the guys in waders (over the tux) and the ladies wearing fishing vests....

and everything will be in clashing shades of ... TAN! bugeyes.gif

Thank you Bud for the well wishes, and congratulations to you too Nick. Man I guess we are doing ok compared to that!! All that is behind us now thank god! It's just the last minutes, a little more $$ and being able to stand on my own two feet and the ability to utter the words!

I do like the Waders and Vests idea though!!!!

8 days and counting!!

Nightfish, I know how you feel. I was living at home when my sister was getting married. All the stuff they go through in order to not be able to remember any of it rolleyes.gif Mom of the brides dress took 7 months to find, this and that and this and that. Heck I told them pick something supply beer and everyone will love the wedding.