Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Kyle Hand

Scarlet Ibis

Kyle...Your Scarlet Ibis is NICE thumbsup.gif You've used this for bass? Looks like it might be a good salmon fly dunno.gif I'm curious, what is a Kinsey Blind Eye Hook? Where might one buy them? My local fly shop doesn't carry them. Thank you. SullyTM

Sully

Thanks for the compliment. The fly comes from a book written by Mary Orvis Marbury titled "Favorite Flies and Their Histories", which is a book about antique bass, trout and lake flies. I imagine one could use it for Salmon.

The Kensey hooks are from S. Allcock & Company which was/is an English hook maker. They are an antique hook and there are a few folks out there who have some. I am not a fly fishing or tying historian and this is what I think I know.

As to where to find them. I got mine from another Salmon fly tier who had a couple of boxes. EBay or some research might be the way to go. There may even be someone on this list who has some they would be willing to part with.

Email me off list and I will try to get you some more information.

Kyle