Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
SalarMan

Try To Fathom This

For my classic salmon fly tying colleagues as well all other tyers...try to fathom this. As many of you know there are certain feathers that are part of the "Holy Grail" of tying Classic Atlantic Salmon Flies. I received a video from a friend recently of some Red Indian Crow feathers for sale. Those of us who tie these flies are usually on the lookout for the real thing or good subs. Well...there is a fellow in Denmark who has the real thing for sale. Get this...there are 13,700 feathers available for the everyday price of $31,000.00 US. That's $2.26 per feather and in today's market that's a bargain.

Obviously WAY to rich for my budget. Even if I hit the current $550,000,000 lottery I wouldn't go neat those feathers. Something just does seem right. I could be wrong, but THAT MANY?

That's a Dane for you, if he isn't thinking about killing his stepfather it's only because he's too busy cornering the market on Indian Crow