Fly Tying
Radoslav Kiskinov

The Sh!t Fly

Hi, Guys

There is a river near my born town Sandanski which is called Sandanska Bistritsa River. From each apartment, house in the town, the toilete water goes in the waters of Sandanska Bistrica and 3 kilometers downstream it flows to Struma River.

In the place where Bistritsa flows, a lot of chubs are learned to eat all dirty things which carries the water - toilete papper, sh!ts and all kind of garbage. I found this one day when catching a chub on pheasant tail nymph in Struma river. In his throat there were many things that I explored watching and decided to imitate with a fly. This way it appears - the Sh!t Fly.

Here what is all I am talking about:

user posted image

Materials:

Hook : Mustad #8 - 12

Bead :Gold head to match the hook

Body: Two hackles in collor white-yellow-red, what ever you like to imitate the dirty things in the water

Collar: red-brown antron

user posted image user posted image user posted image

user posted image user posted image user posted image

user posted image

After fixing the two feather with their peacks at the hook shank, you have to twist them first and after that wrap around the hook's shank.

I am curious, whether this fly imitates something else, and I am still looking to find any fly in the internet which resembles the Sh!t Fly I tied.

Next time I will show you, in another topic, the last flyfishing day of me in pictures, and there you will see how chubs like this fly.

Best regards!

Rado

Hey: That's a nice fly! And if it imiates what the fish are (ugh!) eating, who are we to argue?

I should send you my "Rottweiler's Ass Hair Emerger" ... They'd make a good pair wink.gif

Cheers!

Gary

QUOTE (Gary Madore @ Sep 13 2005, 03:41 PM)
Hey: That's a nice fly! And if it imiates what the fish are (ugh!) eating, who are we to argue?

I should send you my "Rottweiler's Ass Hair Emerger" ... They'd make a good pair wink.gif

Cheers!

Gary

Hi, guys,

Gary, come on, send the fly, or post it here if you have its picture, I am interested to see it.

I was shamed to post this topic, but now I see it is making a good fun here laugh.gif

I will try these days to find free time to post and the pictures of fishing with the Shit Fly, you will see then the satisfied faces of the chubs here wink.gif

Best regards, guys!

Rado

Rado, it looks like,maybe, a piece of toilet paper, with added remnants. If it works, use it!! That river sounds like a popular lake near here for bass & chain pickerel. Nice fly, and I really hope you wear waders, and not wet wade in that river. Jamie bugeyes.gif

QUOTE (mcmutt @ Sep 14 2005, 10:56 AM)
Rado, it looks like,maybe, a piece of toilet paper, with added remnants. If it works, use it!! That river sounds like a popular lake near here for bass & chain pickerel. Nice fly, and I really hope you wear waders, and not wet wade in that river. Jamie bugeyes.gif

That's exactly what I was thinking: It looks like a shred of toilet paper with, um, "stuff" on it.

Glad the fish like it smile.gif

Cheers!

Gary