Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Esutton

Warning to potential subscribers

I tried a link to www.westernflyfisher.com to check out their "mulitmedia fly fishing magazine", only to be directed to a page that said it had been hacked by byond crew. I also lost my windows98 system and had to reload a previous version of my registry. Plus 87 adware and viruses and trojans. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!

Holy. That's pretty bad. You sure it was the site? Windows98 and ME are probably the two most unstable Operating systems out there. Do yourself a favor man, update to XP PRO-I've never had an operating system issue in over 2 years. KNock Knock on wood.

Sorry to hear about your troubles though, I hate having computer issues, even though I know how to fix most of them.

Take care, glad your back up and running.

Damian

Yeah, I would like to have a new computer with an improved OS. But not for awhile. Yep, that was the site. I keep a clean and lean system, and I know everywhere I go. Thanks for the info.

QUOTE (jcstikfish @ Sep 14 2005, 12:24 PM)
Better yet.....get a Mac running OS X thumbup.gif

Absolutely love it, and no one bothers to write viruses for it.

There are still virus written for Macs and Linux systems, so you would still need virus protection and a firewall. Those just go with out saying nowadays.

Also, make sure that you get your software upgraded once a week. (You can usually automate this).

It's getting scary that so many Fishing related sites are getting hacked. This is the worst I have heard to date.

Thanks for the warning. cool.gif