Fly Tying
WindKnotFlies

Lifters/Snaggers

part of the fun of fishing is not knowing whether or not you are going to catch something, I find one of the greatest things is the letdown when a fish gets away on you, the build up of excitement as you're playing the fish only to have the line go limp and the feeling of dissappointment. Maybe I'm wierd, but I like to be mentally tortured by fish, it builds character :devil:

This happens in Erie all the time. I've never personally seen it but you ask anyone who's been to "The Wall" and they'll tell you about it. The thing that really gets me is that on the Fish Commision's site they have a page about this. On that page was a picture of how they make a snagging rig. Am I the only one who sees someting wrong there? I tend to think that the people who do snag aren't very edicatidd. So why show them how to do this? Maybe I'm just looking at it the wrong way. I think fair punishment would be to throw them in a pool and snag them. I think about four 16/0 marlin hooks and 2-3 ounces of lead might do it.

taking my wife out to salmon fish while I walk around with the baby today. hopefully there's none of that snagging going on, what is lifting btw?? is that the people who just walk in an grab the fish??

Lifting is basicly the same as snagging but just a sneakier way to go about it. When your fishing a pod of salmon you wait till your line is right in the middle of them and rather than jerking the rod to snag one, you just somewhat slowly lift the rod tip up to bring the hook into the side of a fish.

Alot of guys "think" no one notices them doing this, but they are only fooling themselves

I explained it on the first page ;)

oops, yeah you did write that <_< hehe, yeah we went today, but didn't fish, there were too many people, I seen people with their line set up like a strange torture device, treble hooks that are probably meant for sharks. My wife stayed in the car and I got out and walked around and I got dirty looks from everyone there for going over to see, like they were up to something. these people pretty much wrecked it for us, we are so turned off of salmon fishing now that our rods are getting cleaned up and put away until next spring when trout opens again. there was even two teens who between trying to snag fish, were "making out" on the ledge. :dunno: well, guess I'll get alot of tying done over the winter anyway (not a bad thing!! got lots of empty spaces in my shoulder bag)