Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

What did you get ?

Actually, my biggest gift was giving myself a break from the net for a couple days. LOL.

But, seriously. Money was tight at the house, but was able to cash out some vacation time I had to give my kids a good xmas. Asked everyone not to buy me anything.......well....lol

Didn't happen. Got some stuff for my driftboat project from a few family members. Got a gift certificate for our big sporting goods store, so will be buying my driftboat side release anchor mount with that. Got my lure holders for the boat too (made by berkeley). Then some misc. fishing stuff. Was actually pretty good surprisingly (giftwise for me). But the biggest success was the gifts I gave. Biggest smiles on earth came from my students with their own "stash" of flytying stuff. Then the looks on my kids face when they went from having a "low cost" xmas to getting some of the bigger toys they thought they wouldn't be getting. They were happy with just what they had. But when they found the cards to go "look here" their eyes really lit up. Worth every penny of it.

My wife and I both got a nice case of the flu for Christmas. Hers started on Christmas eve and mine began Christmas day, what a way to spend the holidays sick.gif .

I got alot of nice cold weather clothes and a whole stack of hand and foot warmers so I'll be nice and toasty on the steelie trip. Also got a new pair of breathable waders and a few misc tying supplies.

The best part of Christmas was seeing Jakob's face light up when he seen the Power Wheel that we got him.

post-3-1072657979.jpg