Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Bamboo

Hi All

Nice to find an active flytying site. Just stumbled across this one looking for fly swaps. What else you going to do to get through winter!

BambooPat biggrin.gif

Steve, why are you warnin the newbie about yourself? dunno.gif Anyways, WELCOME!! Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

Welcome aboard Bamboo. This is an interesting place to hang out. Some good fly fishing info sneaks in among all the ribbing.

Two of my kids live in Worcester. Where is Millers River in relation to Worcester?

I have a brother in New Hampshire who claims the fishing there is really terrific. I've never fished either state. Have to get up there and give it a try one of these days.

I'm located in S.W. Pennsylvania. We definitely have some excellent fly fishing here in PA. Our streams hold trout and smallmouth and you really don't have to travel very far to find one.

Many of our streams have good schools of carp and many of the fly flickers I know are getting into fishing for them. It's good summertime fishing when the trout are too stressed out from the heat.

Again, welcome aboard and hope to hear more from you about the fishing opportunities in Mass.

Welcome Bamboo,

As you can see we like to have some fun but there is some great tyers here and some who are just beginning. So jump in anytime and stop by often!

Bamboo, Welcome.

Waterflogger, Millers River is a flowage in Winchendon, a town in the northern tier (upper Worcester County) which borders New Hampshire.

Bamboo,

Welcome, we have a great bunch of folks here and all different levels of expertise. Any questions ask away we all do.

We have alot of fun here, and that's the way we all like it.

Tight Lines,

Fatman

Waterflogger-

The Millers flows from Winchendon to the Conneticut River near Erving, MA. It's about 20 miles north of Worcester. Mostly stocked trout but we're getting a better population of hold-over browns. 2 catch and release stretches and a new TU chapter that's trying to make some improvements.

BambooPat

Go TU!. I'm a member of the Arrowhead Chapter here in S.W. PA.

We've done a bang up job here on Buffalo Creek. We were responsible for creating a Delayed Harvest section 2.9 miles long. The restructuring was completed this summer. It took several years to complete. I think it was well worth the effort.

This is a fine stocked stream with some hold over and some native trout. It fishes very well and is very accessible to the Pittsburgh area. It has some good hatches of early stone flies, caddis, and sulphurs. May flies are also there, but they're sporadic.

QUOTE (steeldrifter @ Jan 5 2004, 11:07 PM)
Welcome aboadr bud,you'll find alot ya like a some that will scare the bejesus outs ya LOL laugh.gif

SD

Was that English?? biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Hey D.W., you've got quite a few Western PAer's here. Pittsburgh and surrounding area is well represented!

LOL laugh.gif if ya look at some of the spelling in my post last night LB you'll see alot that doesnt look like english,i was on the phone most of the night last night and typing at the same time. Nope i cant walk and chew gum at the same time ethier wink.gif

SD

Hey all, my dad lives in Greensburg PA, and I live out here in Colorado.

I fish all over CO for the last 3 years and since my Dad just moved to PA about a year ago he hasn't had a chance to check out any water around Greensburg.

Does anyone know about any good trout water near Greensburg PA ?

I plan to make a trip out in June to wet a line with my dad, so it would be nice to know a little before I get there.

Also local patterns would be helpful too.

John