Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Group Purchase: Hooks

Let's see who might be interested in a group purchase for hooks. I have spoken briefly with Jim Hester and he said that he has a supplier for Mustad, Partridge & Daiichi hooks and said that with a big enough purchase he could get us a sweet deal.

I guess the deal that we would get would depend on what kind of numbers we can get together.

Jim can maybe give a little more details on the hooks and what type of numbers we would have to get to make it a "good deal".

So let's see who is interested and maybe give an estimate on the amount of hooks you would be interested in.

I'd be very interested, maybe he can get a list of available hooks and we can post what we want and get an order together? I know I'd order an assortment of sizes for all types of hooks if I could get a good deal on them. I have been tying every type of fly so I need a large number, I'll watch this forum for updates, Thanks, Eric

just off of the top of my head I know I'd want 100 of each size dry fly hooks from 12-22, Streamer hooks 2-10, Curved nymph hooks 8-14, That's like 1500 hooks right there and there are some sizes i'd want more of and othere types of hooks that I haven't included as of yet, Salmon, Egg, etc.

It depends on what type of hooks & how many per type & size. If I buy a carton of hooks it's cheaper than buying per package, or some hooks are available in loose bulk boxes of 1000. It's much cheaper to buy in bulk, and split the hooks up than to buy the packaged hooks, and so forth.

I just need a list of what everyone wants, including the sizes & hook model numbers to figure out the best way to buy them.

It certainly could turn into one, I guess instead of everyone posting what brand and model # they want maybe we should have a list to order off of then we can just post the quantities desired. If we can get enough interest I'd be willing to help divide hooks out of bulk.

I'm wondering how much does say a 1000 98480 mustads in say size 16 sell for? I know at fly shops they are anywhere from 9.99 to 13.00 per hundred. Lets take the thousand price divide it by ten, include shipping charges and see a per hundred price. That should give us an idea of whether we should proceed further. Just an idea, Eric

Have Jim get a on price on a popular steelhead hook in the Bulk thousand

Maybe find out the most popular size and see if we can get 10 people to take 100 of um. then work your way through wets and dries to see if there’s enough interest

i am in, probably nymphs and streamers for me. i will have to check on the sizes i would want, or better yet, i can go with what everyone else is using. not to small though i have a hard enough time with a size 8 caddis smile.gif

I would be interested in some daiichi dry and scud hooks, dont know the numbers on the dries but the 1150 in a size 10 for the scud.

john