Fly Tying
Don Stracener

Your Invention Swap

:help:

I couldn't resist. I'm in. After getting your cool ties today on the klinkhammers I had to jump on board. Working a few swaps ahead of this one but a May 31 due date hooked me. I know I can make it by then. I'm thinking of doing a woven body soft hackle similar to the ones I did for the woven fly swap.

spanky

Got the addy Threader, unfortunately I haad to work the last 2 and put in long days so didn't get to send em but they went out today. So, I may still be the first to have them delivered. If we don't get enough to fill the swap keep the rest.

Great! :headbang:

I got the pattern for this swap figured out last night... I will be doing a floating foam damsel nymph. Got a couple tied up last night. These are great to fish on a sinking line, they will float above most snags. Hope you guys like them. B)

We have 10 with me - I'm going to close this one Friday the 7th. Anyone want to grab the last two spots? Going to see some good flies from this one.

No more swap crazy people?

Last day, eh, and still spots open?

How long would we have until we had to mail you the flies. I'm new, and slow, but could use the forced inspiration to sit down and tie 12 of the same thing. I have a nice little spin on a royal trude that I'd probably use.

I'm new to this, so have to ask: how many flies would I need to mail in?

And the fly I'd use is not so much an invention, as my take on a tail for a royal trude. Is that inventive enough?

If we are full 12 flies. Right now 11.

Maybe I got some people with the wrong impression. It's not so much a fly you invented, it's a fly you put your own twist on. A different tail, strange color, new wing, new way of dubbing. Most of us like to change a fly a little because we all think we can improve on it. I wanted to see what some of the ideas people came up with would look like. So ..... A swap of flies with your own twist, hey I like that name better. :hyst:

Oh! For the people that sat down with a pile of materials and made something their own, that's cool too.

I can definitely handle that!

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to get in over my head.

Count me in. I think this is a cool idea for a swap.

I'll get tying. Shouldn't take me more than a week or so to get 'em all done and in the mail.

Moushka, your In ....... That closes this one....

Gmaschke ... Got your flies today, great looking ties on those leach patterns. Will post a picture next week.