Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

FB Bunker

beautiful work, John! I love looking at the big salt patterns...Did have one question....I know that you target striped bass alot...do you find that these flies, i.e. the feather brain, etc, are also effective on other salt species with any regularity?

Big, I have not used them on other species..but there is no reason they would not work... I did not get the opportunity to try them on Tuna's and lefty Kreh mentioned to me when he say it last year that he thought they would be good with snook... I will be trying them on Tuna this summer... but the fact is ... if a similar fly... not done like the FB works, I think It should work well for other species simply because the way it looks and swims in the water.

thanks, John...gotta get out to the coast some time....maybe troll a bit for the stripers in Cumberland this Febuary....

Nice looking fly John

BDH Troll? what would you do that for? You are the moderator of a fly tying web site You cant troll. unless you mean with a fly

My Dad and I used to "troll" when I was a kid fishing in Northern Quebec for lake trout using large freshwater streamers... we were rowing though at night.

THe only trollers around here besides the kyakers are the big boats trolling wire line big trolling spoons or umberella rigs. I tried to get one guy to put on a big bunker flt as a trailer for an umberella but he just laughed at me .

I have never been able to troll a fly e

except for the time that I had my drag set too lite and a big fly caught the wind on the ride in and ran out about 175 yards of backing before I realized what was going on, almost lost all of my line and backing

yes, I meant a FLY.....full sinking line from a bass boat....just cruising the currents...I am dedicated if nothing else!