Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
deeky

Basement Entomology

What is this?

Sorry, no pics, but let me describe. It was a small bug, at most its body was 3 mm long and about half as wide. Tan body with a brown head. Eight legs plus what I can only describe as crab claws out the front that were as long as the body. Body appeared to be finely segmented.

It really looked like a tiny scorpion without a tail, but living in Minnesota, scorpions are not really an option to my knowledge.

Any thoughts? That bug is no longer an issue - it met the mighty tissue god of destruction. Just curious what it was.

Thanks in advance.

Deeky

It is a false scorpion which is related to spiders and other scorpions. I find them in my house too sometimes (Quebec). I looked them up and found out they are harmless, not that common and are not a sign of a dirty house or any sort of infestation. Don't worry about it.

false scorpion

I'd say that's exactly it. Looks like the Chelifer version. Thanks for the good link.

Key word - WAS. Well, I guess it still is, sort of....as a smear in the trash can.