Fly Tying
Joe Hard

Black Ghost Bouface variation

Thanks Will, As soon as the glue dried I took it and went fishing I noticed right away the tail was too long. I tore the marabou and trimmed the rabbit strip, and it worked fine. In fact its now retired to my hat. I dont know how many fish i raised but I caught 6 brown trout, one 23 inch 5 pounder. I'll put a TFF report up later

that fly is awesome i am going to tie some of those my self. I don't have any yellow but i do have chartuse would that be a good sub. If not i quess will just have to take a ride to the fly shop (oh the horror in that)j/k.

good day

Mike

I am going to have to tie up a couple of your Ghost variations and try them out on Everitts Lake, the 'bows should like them on a quick retrieve.

Nice job, and good creative thinking.

Say man!! This is the first time I've looked at these. Did you come up with this? Holy crap it's nasty!!! That's gotta breathe like crazy in the water. To me it seems like it would be deadlier than the original!!! Nice variation on a great classic. SWEET!!! Tight Lines!! -James D TB7

I have been tinkering with traditional patterns, trying to make them more effective for where I fish. so far so good. I have a couple more in mind

This fly caught me my biggest brown last year, about 5 pounds. I retired it into my hat. I tied simpler versions without a strike. I retied the fly and added some step by step instructions/photos. I used utc 140 thread, it is bigger and made a nasty head.

Nice fly, Daryn. Am about to tie up some marabou-winged Black Ghosts for a quick trip to Grand Lake Stream, Maine, this week, but will try out your variation after I get my hands on rabbit strips.

Bill

That is one sweet fly. An awesome variation for great fly, plus it helped to hook a few bruisers.

I can see that with purple on top and red on the bottom for steelies. Thanks for sharing!!

Hope you have some pics of your fish to make us drool!!

Can't wait tie some and fish some.

Cheers :headbang:

Frank