Fly Tying
Al Beatty

Question for Will/Group

Graham...and always remember to say, "Cheese!" :D

I really like the brown/tan background. The fly stands out. Being in the video biz, it's amazing what different backgrounds/lightinig can do to a "subject." Can't wait to see your insect photos.

BTW...Very nice tie!

Later. Thom

When I saved the pic I clicked on Save For Web and chose 30% to make the pic load faster, and the compression from RAW to 30% jpeg is where the noise came from, the original pic looks clean in Nikon Capture, Nikon Picture Project as well as Photoshop CS2.

Thanks Thom, I wish I could say that I tyed that fly, but I didn't. The brown background is a wooden tying cabinet on my tying desk.

I've been working on learning to use Nikon Catpure Editor 4.4, which is such an awesome program. Basically all of the EXIF data lines entered in my previous post, can be tweeked, because these are actions the camera computer makes when the shutter is released and data written. I can't correct depth of field or fix blown out highlights, while adjusting EV (exposure values), but I can adjust the EV, this is so cool.

After getting the individaul values set, then the pic is exported into Photoshop as a Tiff File, for more play time.

I've been spending a lot of time reading lately, trying to learn these new programs, as well as learning to use my new camera, no wonder I haven't been tying.

The thing I think I need to get for my macro shots of flies, bugs, flowers, etc. is a tripod. Macro shots seem to get screwed up by any amount of movement.