Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
SmallieKiller

Hey guys

Been a while since I've posted and just wanted to drop a line and see how everyone was doing. Things at my place are finally settling in. Our little one is almost a year old and it's been quite the adventure to date and I can see it's only going to get better :D

I got some pics for you too Will, some nice Presque Isle Bay smallies. Not on the fly rod though. I haven't braved casting out of a boat yet... :blink:

Hey man, good hearing from you. Kids are fun, and the first year is the hardest, it seems to get easier after that.....

Did you say smallies? Where's the pics? Don't hold out on me!

Here ya go. These were caught on Senkos in the bay. Landed 20 on Sunday and 30 on Tuesday. Smallest fish was around 15, biggest were around 19.5. Picked up one over 5 lbs. A few in the mid to high 4 pound range. Two great days!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Beautiful fish! :headbang:

How deep is the water that you were fishing? I have always wanted to sling some flies in the bay.

3' to 5' early in the morning, then up to as deep as 9' by the afternoon. They're all over the sand flats pairing up though. They're everywhere.

Last trip up I also saw a Muskie that had to be over 50 inches, it's girth was about the size of the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket. It was chasing 15 inch bass.

Now theres a guy I havent heard from in a long time :bugeyes: Welcome back SK nice to see ya around again.

Great looking smallies ya got there, but please tell me thats a 2 way communication device in your ear that you and your fishing buddy communicate back and forth on about where thier biteing...and not a phone on your head out on the water <_< :hyst: :P

That is in fact a cell phone. I still feel bad leaving the wife at home with the little one, so I like to be accessible. Sunday I missed a fish answering the phone, so Tuesday the ear piece came out. Although on Tuesday, I was expecting a call from my buddy who was also on the bay so we could meet up.