Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
tightlines

Vice should arrive any day now

So I broke down and purchased a HMH Spartan (with micro jaw/bobin holder upgrade kit)

Havnt tied all week in anticipation of this vices arrival.

Cant wait

Chris

I was on the fence about whether or not to go with a Spartan or a PEAK vise. Ultimately, I felt that the PEAK was both a better buy and better built vise than the Spartan.

Good luck with it!

So I broke down and purchased a HMH Spartan (with micro jaw/bobin holder upgrade kit).

Awesome! You'll catch a lot of fish while tying at that vise.

I got a spartan form fishigan. I love it I tried the peak and was not so geeked I think you are ok with the hmh!!!!! The peak is a great vise.. But It is not perfect either.

????

Is that a smart a$$ comment or just a mistake.

I cant catch fish and tie at my vice at the same time

Actually, it was meant as a compliment...

I catch dozens of fish when I tie flies. My imagination envisions all the trout that will succumb greedily to the flies I am tying. This is especially true when trying out a new pattern or, in this case, a new vise set-up. While it is undoubtedly true that my imagination is much more successful at the vise than I am on the water, it is no less exciting to contemplate. If you cannot catch fish at the vise, then perhaps you are just not trying hard enough.

Good luck and enjoy the new tying gear.

My only complaint with my Spartan is that I didn't buy one sooner. I love it. It a real tool meant for years of service. For me most of the other vises on the market just seemed too gimmicky. The HMH vise is all function. You will love the versitility.