Fly Tying
newfie

not sure what you guys listen to...

Actually, those are my generation. Not necessarily the new generation.

I was in the truck with my 16 y.o. niece and I think I had Soundgarden on. I asked her if she knew who they were and she said, I dunno, Aerosmith?

I about crashed into a mailbox.

I wonder how many bands of this youths generation will have their music played/purchased 20-30 years after its been created.

very few, if any. In my opinion since the mid to late 80's music has generally sloped downhill, its all commercial and manafactured right now. hopefully that will change :dunno:

theres still stuff thats original coming out just not anything you see on tv or hear on the radio you only see the sell outs there all the good original stuff youll never end up hearing about its all underground

thats the sad part about todays music none of the good artists will never be heard because they dont want to be mainstream theres very few bands anymore that stay true to their roots because in order for them to make money they have to conform to current trends

personally im into punk (not the emo crap you always here i like stuff like NOFX and ska like musturd plug) one of the few bands in that genre that has true talent but no one knows of is 1208

im also into underground rap not the crap you hear on the radio but stuff like Atmosphere and The Coup

ive found that if an artist is good few people will actually have heard of them today like who has actually listened to Capgun Suicide and Transistor Radio

Hey, it was the Kingston Trio that got me started playing, though it didn't take long to get into blues and acid - Best rock band I ever saw was Sly & the Family Stone (once they found Sly and dragged him up there) - Most memorable concert : the Beatles at Shea Stadium - Best bands I never saw (damn!) : The Clash, Stevie Ray, Santana, Blondie (CBGB version) - Most no-shows: Jimi Hendrix - Biggest ripoff: Cream (played 2 songs, 10 minutes) - Biggest frauds: The Rolling stones - The guy I never miss when possible: Bob Dylan - Favorites on the iPod: Patti Smith, Buddy Guy, Dick Dale, Duke Robillard, Leo Kottke, Roomful of Blues - DaUP is right - still a lot of good stuff out there, but Corporate Radio won't let us hear it. You young guys gotta keep it alive.