Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
siestafred

#18 Olive Brassie Emerger

Good Day,

Excellent tie. I particularly like the attention to detail. Particularly since so many tiers find it diffucult to add such wonderfull detail bellow size 16. Keep it up!

Steeelie

Fred...A winner! I second the attention to detail!

If you folks haven't checked out siestafred's fly data base do so...This man can tie!

Later...

How do you like to fish it?

I fish mostly smaller streams/rivers, and what I do is just dead drift it and allow it to rise at the end of the drift with a high-stick. I usually just cast it a short distance across or across and a bit down with some slack line or a good upstream mend to let it sink some. It seems to do well just under, and does not need to be too deep. Most of the hits are as it's rising.

Hope that helps.....

Fred

Great looking fly Fred must be a great fly for fishing the Grand. That would work great here on Manitoulin Island, getting ready for florida yet? back to tying bigger flies EH! LOL

Tight Lines Mikef

Mike, headed south in 3 weeks or so. I'm having a fine time here fall fishing for Browns, but those Redfish are beckoning !! :yahoo:

Troutnabout, that sounds like a great idea, sky's the limit really. Thanks !

Very, very attractive fly, siestafred, plus the details on how you fish it are very helpful. I will definitely check out your database of flies!

Thanks for sharing. You have quite an eye for composition.