Fly Tying
Graham

Iraqi Camel Spider

Thanks Ronn, I needed that. I've been so busy chasing birds and playing with my camera lately, and neglected Ashby's spider. I'll git r dun this week.

Cheers,

Graham

No, not yet. I've been so busy tying for next weeks brownie trip back east, but will get it done right after I get back.

Thank guys, thanks a lot!!! Besides being really busy at work and preparing for my trip, leaving early tomorrow morning. I have thought about starting over or somehow making the eyes much closer together, like the real camel spider. I really want to have time to sit down undisturbed for at least several hours, to tye and take pics. Lately I've spent much of my free time practicing with my new camera, taking pics of birds in flight, so I can hopefully be quick enough to get a focused shot of a monster brownie jumping. After the trip I'll be settling in behind my vise again. I put some cool bird pics in the FTF photography forum.

Cheers,

Graham

The pictures of the real spider makes me want to :poop: my pants. This one give me the same feeling. Great work and I hope it turns out well. I won't be looking at this tread again. :baby: :baby:

I'm just about done, still want to do a bit more coloring, then mount it in a frame and mail it to Ashby.

When I was in southern Patagonia a few years ago I found an eagle eating what looked to be a species of goose I had never seen before, and yes, I did bring home a big bag of feathers, and used one of the brown and white striped feathers on the spiders abdomen, topped with a jungle cock feather. I used badger hackle for the legs, tyed onto thin stiff brass wire, at the same time thin foam strips were tyed. The yellowish looking feathers on the thorax are from the underside of a blue and gold maccaw feather, topped with badger hackle. The head is foam, wood duck and a red feather from my parents parrot. The feathers on the big mouth pinchers are also from a parrot as well as badger hackle. I'm pretty happy with this fly, but next time I'll try tying foam on the underside of the legs as well, sandwiching the hackle.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

:bugeyes: :bugeyes: :bugeyes:

Graham...some of your best work ever!

Is that going to get through customs??? :D

Later...