Fly Tying
mikostanev

Black Stonefly

Mikostanev,

You are really doing a great job on your flies, and with time, you are getting better and better. All look very good, but these in your post today look real. I'm expecting them to crawl out of your flybox and back into the river.

I've got questions!

In the fly below, how did you make the head, what materials and coating or varnish? Its spectacular!

BWOnymph.jpg

In the stoneflies below that were posted today, what materials did you use for the wing casings? They look real. Are the bodies made with liquid lace, or what?

stoneflies.jpg

I really apprecaite your help!! I'm always trying to make my flies better, and you've done some things with your's I would like to add to mine.

Thank you for your help!!

Ray

P.S.

I am really glad you started posting here!!! Your knowledge will help many of us.

post-4023-1164646988_thumb.jpgHello Michail,

Can you post a recipe for your heptagenia mayfly nymph (the first one with the partridge legs)?

I came across this heptagenia pattern the other day. I think it was tied by Bear Andrews of Michigan.

Thanks,

Kevin Compton

Good Day,

Correct - this is a Bear Andrews design.

Steelie

just found this thread...truly nice work....I love it when we breathe new life into old threads....