Fly Tying
sulfernut

Seeking Bodkins

Does anyone know where one might find the bodkins used in the "Renzetti' and "Griffs" cement applicator

jars? I have a BAGFUL of 1oz. polyseal jars collected over the years,and would like to make use of them,provided I can find some of the aforementioned bodkins at a reasonable price!

I'm not familiar with the two that you mentioned, but I made mine from a long needle I found at Walmart, sewing isle. Epoxyed it into a hole drilled in a wood dowel that I then epoxyed in a hole I made in the bottle cap. ;)

Come to think of it,C-Joe,your idea might actually make more sense!! ( You have more control over the size of the handle!) Many thanks!!

Sulfernut

You could also do the same with a very fine tipped paint brush. Like nail polish only a thinner brush. I find the brush way better for finishing a head. More control over the cement, pluss a better coat. I made a mistake (for the better) of putting my best trimmed up brush into flexament. I wiped it off but the brush hardened up but is still flexable. A few fibers were sticking out so I trimed them and now its my go to head cement aplicator. Fairly hard like a bodkin, but thinner and it still works like a brush