Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
sore arm

Steelhead Swap

It is time for a swap that I have been wanting to pull off for awhile. A high/low swap. If you are like me I dont get to go on all the prime days. Whatever the river is like on Sat or Sun is what I get to fish. Lets get 10 guys beside myself to whip up a high water and low water pattern. I know the hollidays are coming but lets get them in by Dec. 20.

1. mitch 821

2. will

3. cannedheat

4. jereme

5. chrisfish

6. Don Stracener

Sorry I'm not experienced enough to know the difference between what works best in high and low conditions...but I can ask around and get a few good patterns to try out...that is if you don't mind a n00b :baby: :D

Please put me down.. anything that has Steelhead in it's name is my kind of swap!! or in other words....I'M IN..

I'm in!

I'll do a Babine Special that I plan on trying in the Michigan UP in couple of weeks :P ,I understand that the fish up there respond to large egg patterns :bugeyes: , I beleive that would also make a nice high water fly high water fly. For my low water I will ty a small hex nymph :ph34r: .

hey guys. I was wounderin if your still on sorearm? If its still a go? if so I'M IN. i got a few high and low waters that work. and winter steelheading is just gettin goin.

chrisfish you are in. I am thinking of pulling the plug on this though due to lack of intrest. I'll give it acouple more days and if I cant get some more people I am going to shut it down. If it shuts down I will post it on here and also pm everybody who said that they were in. Maybe its bad timing but I'll try it again after the hollidays are over and the rivers freeze up. Thanks

and if you want to do it with just the 5 of us that cool too. we got who we got.

Im down with 5 too if thats all that wants to join! Looking forward to it!! I'll be heading up next week and I'll try out a few patterns to see what works!

For high water here we use some pretty big weighted patterns.

For low water we use smaller un-weighted patterns.

If you want a 6th those are the type of flies I'll put together.

You're looking for a total of 12 flies with 6 tiers?