Fly Tying
Pujic

Photo Borders

Hi guys,

Was just wondering what photo editing software / effect do you use to get those cool looking soft focus borders? I've seen it in a few different places now but have always wondered how it's done?

The most recent example of it would be from Graham's wonderful photo essay on the browns.

Thanks in advance!

Nick

Thanks guys! Exactly what I was looking for.

Graham, will those frame work with high-res files?

Cheers,

Nick

Frames are easy to do in Photoshop. You can make them images specific. There are a ton of tutorials on the web on how to do them. Just do a google search and you can find them. If you need links, just let me know and I can give you some. I would do it now, but the links are on my computer at work. The really are easy to do. Just filters really.

Randy

One of the quickest ways of putting a border on a picture in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements is:

1. Select ---> select all

2. Edit--->Stroke

3. Select pixel size 20 --- you may have to play with size depending upon the dimensions of your picture

4. Select the color by clicking on the color swatch

5. Enter

A way of putting an accent is to do the stroke command twice the first time use a larger pixel size and select a color from your picture. The second time reduce the pixel size and select black. You will be left with a black frame and a trim band of your accent color.

Not the best picture but you get the point...

IPB Image