Fly Tying
nomad

Crease Fly Swap

Thanks for the update guys, I recieved some perch colored flies today from Faster fish, nice looking ties.

I received flies from Jereme and Bill b, nice ties guys.

Nomad: Glad you liked them and that they made it on time.

Bill

I received the last package yesterday evening, all flies have been sorted and mailed out this morning. Thanks for the extras and thanks for joing this swap even though it was small. Keep an eye out for more of my swaps in the future.

Yahoo! I am glad they turned up! That changes the mailing time from Canada to something like 9 days which is better than it seems to have been a month ago.

Thanks for your patience and thanks for holding the swap. Learning to tie these flies was a great experience.....Kerry

nomad and company:

My package of flies arrived in today's mail. They exhibit great variety in shape, color, hook type, and size, and I plan to incorporate elements of other folks' flies in Crease Flies I tie in the future.

fasterfish: Great yellow perch pattern -- How did you get the scale effect on them?

Thanks to everybody -- especially nomad for hosting.

Bill

nomad and company:

My package of flies arrived in today's mail. They exhibit great variety in shape, color, hook type, and size, and I plan to incorporate elements of other folks' flies in Crease Flies I tie in the future.

fasterfish: Great yellow perch pattern -- How did you get the scale effect on them?

Thanks to everybody -- especially nomad for hosting.

Bill

I printed out a whole sheet of perch scales that I found on the internet. I scaled them in photoshop to the size that I needed and the printed out the sheet on a color laser printer using overhead projection sheets. I sprayed the inked side of the sheet with super77, it's waterproof, and stuck that to 2mm foam. Then just cut them out and tied them up. It works verywell. Especially after coating them with spray laquer and epoxy.

Cheers

Randy

I printed out a whole sheet of perch scales that I found on the internet. I scaled them in photoshop to the size that I needed and the printed out the sheet on a color laser printer using overhead projection sheets. I sprayed the inked side of the sheet with super77, it's waterproof, and stuck that to 2mm foam. Then just cut them out and tied them up. It works verywell. Especially after coating them with spray laquer and epoxy.

Cheers

Randy

Great tip, Randy. Thanks for sharing it!

Bill

Hey mine arrived yesterday! Nice job everyone I will be using them this Spring out on several lakes near here. I'll let you know how they work out! Thanks for hosting the swap Nomad, you did a great job! :)