Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
nrthcsteel

2 from inspiration

Hey again . Again great flies by all lately. These two I tied out of inspiration from other tiers. One is inspired by Davidstrout, that guys got some style. While know where near his flies its an attempt! Sorry about that head!!!!! What a beast@! I cut the thread trimming the butts and it just got UGLY after that@! Well maybe the fish will like it! The second i tied after watching one of Alec Jacksons fly tying videos. These videos are great! I learned a ton of stuff and have been busy putting his techniques to use. Any beginner should watch these videos they will get you going in the right direction! And even the experienced will probably pick up a thing or two. I know it has changed my way of tying. Prepping materials, wrapping hackle, bodies you name it. And if you suffer from the dreaded big head, (on your flies I mean dont know if this video will help if its your head thats big although watching Jackson tie is quite humbling) this video will help there to. I did a little better on this head didnt I? If you havent seen it check it out, I think I picked it up for 16.00 Its the one where he ties the marabou and sauk grub? Anyway thanks for the inspiration David(sent you an email). Hope you enjoy. Kevinpost-4870-1165457676_thumb.jpgpost-4870-1165457528_thumb.jpg

great flies. That steelhead stinger is a serious fish catcher. What is that underwing on the spey style fly? I like the brillant purple sheen.

Thanks for the replies guys. The underwing on the spey style is some type of peacock pheasant? I believe, not to sure on the exact type though! Recieved the feathers in a random bunch of feathers and alot of them werent labeled. The orange feathers were from the same group not sure what those are either, really like the orange color on em. Kevin