Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
uncletube

That tears it!!!!!!

I had anticipated posting a good report from the Little Niangua in Missouri this evening but , as you all know S---- happens. And I my case it REALLY happens. Three of us had planned on starting the new year off in fine fashion with a trip to south central Missouri and hooking up with a few nice Bows and Brownies . The thing is that sometime between 4 am and 8 am some a------e stole my car from in front of my friends at Lake Ozark. They not only got the car but my 6 wt sage and sims neoprene waders along with my friend David's 2 rods, reels, and waders. If I hadn't been working on my running tackle they would have gotten 2 more exspensive reels and my gear bag. I called my insurance man at home and found out that they would do everything they could about the car but as far as the gear is concerned, I am screwed. I feel Violated and helpless not to mention madder than hell. If anyone comes across a sage VPS 2 pc 6 wt please let me know as I want to replace the rod with what was taken. I hope if who ever got my waders that they spring a leak. :ripped:

Tube :blink:

That sucks Tube. I know how you feel though. I had a 85 Blazer stolen back around 1997 and I had some of my gear in it (Batenkill reel, spare spool, bunch of boxes of flies and other gear). It makes you feel violated and like kicking someones ass both at the same time.

Hopefully they find the car, but you know as well as I do that when/if they do it will most likely be just the frame&shell that they find :angry:

Keep an eye on ebay for the rod and gear. If they dont know anything about the gear they may try to turn a quick buck on ebay sometime soon.

Steve

Steeldrifter has a good point about e-bay, you might keep an eye out in the other fishing gear listings also - they might not even know it's fly fishing stuff and list it in the wrong place. Good luck.