Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Drying Motors

Just wondering what brand you guys prefer?

I've looked around and found a couple. Many are quite large and probably overkill for my use. I'm thinking that it would be extremely rare for me to turn more than 6 at a time. Any run on A/C instead of a handful of AA's.

I had an old one made out of a timeclock motor. I let someone use it to do some jigs and never got it back. He since dropped off the face of the earth. :wallbash:

I just bought mine of eBay Ralf for like $10 shipped and then made the jig myself out of 2x4 and felt :dunno: It is a variable speed motor the is a plug in model.

I made one last week from a disco ball from the dollar store($1). The disco ball sat on a pedestal with a motor in it that turned it. I chopped the disco ball off, mounted a circle piece of hard foam from the craft store($1) Picked up a 6 pack of roach clips, er, I mean alligator clips from Wal Mart for $1 and mounted them around the edge of the foam and so far it works great. It runs on a 9V battery. Total cost $3

Since you still have the bottom half of that disco ball attached, a quick aim of the tying light, a clik on the switch and there is Alex tying sparkle-flash buggers as he moves and grooves to Saturday Night Fever. All while dressed in a white lesure suit.

Conehead

PS: That is a good idea, I have to check out my loal thrift store.

Misterchubbs, that is too funny someone else already beat me to that :lol: Except it looks like their disco ball is a lot better quality than the one I'm using :lol: