Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Hellgrammite swap pt. 1

Hey gang,

how 'bout we do a swap with the filet mignon of the fish world, the Hellgrammite? They are one of the best live baits you can use, and rumor has it that the streamer of streamers the Wooly Bugger, was tied to imitate this larval form of the Dobsonfly.

Many versions of this nymph can be used, different sizes and various colors can be found in the live bug, and they get BIG. Tie it as you will, imitative or suggestive, in any size up to the natural maximum, and in whatever material you wish. Here's a little info on them. (Note the variety of colors are presented, and I've seen more.)

First 12 to say "I'm in" are in and then the door closes. First time swappers and those who haven't swapped in a while, please read this description of swap rules.

I'll set the deadline once I see how interested y'all are in this, and if we can do a quick turn around, we can have part two of this swap done in time to hit the water!

What's part two you ask?

:whistle:

1. fly time - waiting

2. flygirl (In Living Color) - received

3. day 5 - received

4. Flyweaver - received

5. Faster Fish - received

6. Lyrick - received

7. luvinbluegills - received

8. Jereme - received

9. beadhead - received

10. conehead - received

11. LookedBiggerInWater - received

12. NineZeroSeven - received

Ok gang,we've got 12 participants and I'm really excited to see the buggy creations that come out of this one, and even more excited at the thought of the jarring strikes that normally come when fishing such a big piece of meat on the end of my line!

Everybody ties 11 Helgies 'cause you won't be getting your own returned, and when you're ready to send them, PM me and I'll let you know the address. All flies due by April 20th and if they get here sooner, I'll get them out sooner.

Good tying everybody, watch this thread for updates, and be ready 'cause you get first shot at round 2! (Whatever that is. Heh, heh, heeeeeh... *ominous laugh*)

well...I've never tied one but I've seen them. I don't know if I should commit to this one because you haven't listed the due date....& like I said I've yet to tie one........ :unsure: :unsure: ...................

Allright ...I'm In....it'll be a learning experience so just be kind

I'll give it a go depending on the due date. Sometime in april for me as well.

I have a funning story. When I was fishing the PM about 10 years ago, I had a buddy pull in his wooly bugger and one of these things was attached to it. At least I think it was one. The thing was HUGE.

Randy

WHOOHOOO :yahoo: Tied me my first Hellgramite ever.....and .....it looks like a Hellgramite !! :yahoo:

Just don't ask for them next week.......this took alittle time.

WHOOHOOO :yahoo: Tied me my first Hellgramite ever.....and .....it looks like a Hellgramite !! :yahoo:

Just don't ask for them next week.......this took alittle time.

Way to go flygirl!