Fly Tying

Survey

FTF Member Survey  

336 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And all that stinking advertising shoved in our faces just drives up the cost of products so they can pay these marketeers and advertisers top bucks for sitting on their butts in fancy offices.

AND I agree heavily with JS. After I got out of the army as an NCO then later worked my way up as supervisor of a graphics dept. for civil service. Then I couldn't get considered for another supervisor job over another outside govt. funded graphics department job because I didn't have a so called college degree. What kind of crap is that? Not qualified for a job I'm already doing? They probably hired some dip s*%$t and screwed things up.

Somebody usually gets paid to do surveys so maybe they should pay us to fill in their blanks.

I worked for a major corporation ( not in marketing thank God) but still was in enough meetings around marketing hype to get a pretty good idea of how things worked , at least at my un-college educated level LOL ! Read that as see right through them. It's just how they operate. As I said, half the college education thing is about lifestyle and personal handling skills, so you speak their language is all. You can't work marketing if you don't speak marketing speak etc etc.. And if you can push buttons on a computer then you might even gain a department head status in control of something you know nothing about. Absolutely true, seen it with my own eyes.

Oh, additionally, marketing and sales is everything. They would like some of the marketing "ways" to rub off on all employees, so they include a certain level of it in monthly employee meetings. So as they say ( and I heard this quote once) "the low lifes are included". Very disheartening. Go in to speak with the GM about something important in your department ( not marketing) that you feel he should be aware of and he hands you a crumpled paper and say's " drop this in the trash on your way out".

I left this thread some days ago, because what started out was collective comments on why the marketers needed to know certain things about us had degraded into a diatribe about how those with college degrees are disliked by those without. What a shame. So divisive among otherwise friends. Would be better if this thread were mercifully allowed to die.