Fly Tying

Tying Area

Dave I have these pictures saved and find myself referring myself to them when I want to see how others have their materials layed out. Great job! By far I think you have the coolest setup I have ever seen.

That is the coolest set-up i have ever seen!

Ron EE - You have discovered a time proven method for gaining new stuff for your hobby, whatever it may be. My wife doesn't tie, but I've gathered an awful lot of stuff over the years. I'm in the market for some new things, and I just showed her those pix. She realized what it could be like here, and with a tear in her eye, said "thanks for keeping your tying under control. Of course you can order those things you want."

Thanks Dave.

Dave,

Pretty radical fly tying setup. Good to see that you shoot a traditional bow as well. What bow is it if you don't mind me asking? Nice tying station.

Thanks,

Terry

Terry,

The bow is a Ben Pearson Bronco 7010. It's marked ca-371. It's 48 inches with a 35 pound pull at 26 inches. It must have been close to 40 years ago when I bought it and I don't think I've shot with it in over 20 years. Any idea what it's worth?

Dave

Hey Dave,

Traditional bow prices can be a funny thing to deal with. It's like bamboo fly rods in a lot of ways. It all depends on the builder and the brand. You may be more familiar with Fred Bear which put traditional archery bows in mass production. The Henry Ford of the bow world.

BP made fine traditional bows that are well worth shooting but it seems that it's name recognition is not as well know as others. Of course, it may all depend on the condition of the bow: warped limbs, nicks and cracks etc. If one was collecter he may give you $100 or $25 depending on how many were made. It may depend on the weight and length as well. I'm afraid from what I see on ebay at the moment that you would would not get what you probably would to get for it (Click here: Ben Pearson Bronco Recurve

I've been looking for a good bow for my nephew in about that weight range. If you ever consider selling it please let me know. See if the limbs are warped? If it has been hanging on the wall like that it should be in pretty good shape.

Here are a few links that may help you find out more about it:

Ben Pearson

Stickbow.com join the Leatherwall forum and learn more.

I hope this helps. PM me if you would consider selling it. You got a great place to tie flies.

Thanks,

Terry

Hey Taz, it's a small world. There's another local member, uncletube, from Auxvasse also on the forum. Do you fish Bennett often?

Dave

Sulphernut,

It's around 20 years for the flytying stuff and 30 or so for the rest. Some of the rods I've had for over 40 years.

Dave

not yet been way too busy. Found out one of the guys I work with is a huge flyfishing fanatic also. The g.f. promised me a trip there for my b.d. at the end of july. Untill then I'm fishing farm ponds around columbia. And the fish in the ponds at the University farm are HUGE. So I can still fish, just not for what I want to yet.

Thant is an amazing work area. How do you keep track of what you have? My stuff fits into a tackle box and I can't keep track of it.

Jack