Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Faster Fish

My river

These are not pleasant pictures. This is the result of a metro river not being taken care of. The are is acutally on the very east side of Bloomer park in Rochester Hills Michigan. It is all very depressing really. To think that I use to catch rainbows through here drives me mad. I have asked around about getting the area cleaned up but I haven't got any response from anybody. Thought I would share the dark side of enviromental neglect.

post-6000-1180714969_thumb.jpg

post-6000-1180715019_thumb.jpg

post-6000-1180715079_thumb.jpg

it is a true shame to see things like that happening to our natural resources you might try talking to the parks and recreation department about letting you organize a clean up weekend then matbe you could post something on here as for times and dates and make it like a conservation shin dig I know I live about 2 hours away but would be willing to come down for a weekend to give something back to nature for all I have gotten from it

Yikes, what a shame. If you cannot find anyone to clean it up, just get permission from your DNR and go to town, I have worked on several streams and rivers in my area when I can, and it's not that hard, and always pays off in the long run. Make sure you have permission though, I know in Wisconsin if you monkey with the DNRs streams without permission and a good description of what you are planning on, you are going to find yourself in serious trouble.

I hope you can get something done about that.

Ryan

It's a shame because it could be a nice little metro trout stream if more effort was put in it. I was just out there for the first time in about 2 years last week and it really has gone downhill in the past two years. It seemed like it was on the rebound in 2005, but after seeing the super low water, all the crap all over the river, and the smell :crying: it looks like it's going back the other way again.

Steve