Fly Tying
Graham

Having fun layering and tweaking

I figured I'd get this topic started with a shot where I erased the background, but I can't keep the background transparent without changing it from jpeg to gif.

post-992-1190397819_thumb.jpg

I think a growing collection of photos to layer and tweak will prove interesting and fun.

Not real happy with this one. I don't think I have it in the right place (the birds that is) but in any case, here ya go.

Ashby

post-3929-1190400378_thumb.jpg

We're off to a good start. I think humor could play a role in this as well...

Here's a pic I took last summer in the California desert. I should have taken a bit more time erasing the background, its a bit rough around the edges...

post-992-1190401606_thumb.jpg

Here's a question from a PS neophyte to all you wizards: I've been fooling around with triptychs a bit, trying to reach the level where I can do them without the insructions. The problem I've been having is with the canvas extension layer - number 4, after I've copied and pasted the panels onto their own layers. I can't seem to figure out how to get the color I want. I've done three of these, and so far, I've gotten a white, a gray, and a black, and I have no idea how I've gotten them. If anybody would know, you guys would.

IPB Image

:hyst: That's cool looking. Boy if only those dogs had seen two ducks that close, bet that fence would have been no object to them at all. Nice job :headbang:

Ashby

You know what, we should start a thread where we can all post our CS2 and CS3 tutorials, and make it a sticky. It will keep all these handy tutorials in one place, and so we can all access them.