Fly Tying
KVRNut

Nature As An Artist

How many times have we been out either fishing or taking pictures when suddenly we say "Holy :bugeyes: ! Will ya look at that?" It happened to me recently when Nature did that to me and I was lucky enough to get it on film.

I was up trying some timed shots out at a local creek last week and had a feeling I was being watched. It wasn't until after I got the film developed and on the computer when a family member noticed something I didn't. Now, its difficult to look at some of the photos without being stared or glared at by "The Guardian".

Here's a couple of the original shots I took.

post-3353-1190784691_thumb.jpg

post-3353-1190784555_thumb.jpg

Let's zoom in a little closer.

post-3353-1190784851_thumb.jpg

Here it is traced out.

post-3353-1190785635_thumb.jpg

Mean looking critter but one only a fisherman could love. :lol: Guess you could say that it's a different type of Rock Cod or Stone Fish. You'd think by now I'd be able to spot a fish in a stream when I'm there, not when I get home and in front of a computer screen....

Let's see your pictures of Nature having some artistic fun.

Ernie

Obviously a fossilized specimen of Largemouthis Oldashellis. Paleontologists believe that this bloodthirsty predator would lurk beneath the giant lily pads of its day in the hopes of snatching the occasional pterodactyl as it carelessly skimmed the surface of the water. Too bad it's extinct - I'd happily pay to watch one devour Jimmy Houston, bass boat and all.

Pretty interesting stuff Ernie,

I've got a deer photo, where if you look through the bush that was there you'll clearly see another deer.

I had no idea it was there until I got the pic home and onto the computer.

It really added to a otherwise boring photo.

I would look it up and post it if I had the time.

I'll give you a call when I reach K-Town

I knew the hills had eyes, but now I'm really spooked. No more wet wading for me... Great photos sure make great conversation...

Hi Peter, Your ice photo is a perfect example of art in nature. I never would have guessed the subject matter, and the spookiness is captivating. What a great image.

Thanks Graham - glad you like it. It's amazing what's out there in the natural world. Here's one that's always reminded me of some kind of weird ice flounder guarding its eggs.

IPB Image

Absolutely amazing! So much to study and admire, and I just can't think of a better description than yours. Very inspirational photogaphy, and I belive it takes an artist such as yourself to notice, and so clearly caputure mother natures abstract art.

I was out shooting moving water the other day when I noticed the afternoon light was bringing out some nice colors in a bunch of algae and assorted river crud. Kinda looks a little like astrophotography except that astrophotography smells a lot better.

IPB Image

That's a wild looking nebula Peter! It was the first thing I thought of when I saw the picture. Like the way the bubbles look like stars poking thru the "gas clouds".

Ernie

LOL That was my first impression too Ernie, "Nebula" is the pic's file name. I've always wanted a telescope, but it looks like I'll have to settle for pond scum for now.

I guess great minds about the first impression of that picture. LOLOL

Have wanted a telescope for years too. Would love to have a camera hooked up to one and a good clear night well away from town with a lot of film. hehehe

ERnie