Fly Tying
breambuster

OFFICIAL! Bluegill #2 Sign Up Thread

Finally got around to getting them in the mail, kept forgetting, should be to you in a few days... Happy Bird Day!

OK, since time is running out, I thought I would post the status of all the swappers in this one.

According to my records, here is where we stand.

I have flies from BB, Juice, RRSHS, Nomad, day5, Iowaflyguy, Pat Carroll, Sully, RDL and ncbluegill.

That's 10 sets; 10 of 15.

I have heard from Chase Creek that his are in the mail.

That's 1 set; brings us up to 11 of 15.

I've sent an addy to Madkasel, dfield, Batman & Steve P.

That's 4 more sets: brings us up to 15.

If there are any corrections or updates that need to be made to this listing, PLEASE let me know.

We're down to 10 days and counting to get them in, and we've got a holiday in there as well.

Thanks to all the swappers.

BB

Don,t worry everyone mine will be there,,,,,,,,,having PC problems is why i havent been on the site much,,,,,,,,,,,,,B

I got flies on Friday from RDL and ncbluegill. Both sets are VERY nice. You guys are going to like these. That gets us up to 10 of the 15 sets received. The due date is now only 6 days away.

Take care

BB

I received flies today from Chase Creek. WOW. You guys are going to love these. CC, what did you use for the body? Some type of dubbing I would guess. That is really a nice looking fly & the gills are going to love it.

BB

I now have flies from BB, Juice, RRSHS, Nomad, day5, Iowaflyguy, Pat Carroll, Sully, RDL, Chase Creek and ncbluegill. That's 11 of the 15 sets in.

I still need flies from madkasel, Steve P, dfield, and Batman. They all have my addy and should be getting them in the mail the first of the week.

Thanks, everyone, for doing such a great job with this swap. You are going to really like the results.

Take care

BB

BB, The body on those DHBH's is something called Mr. Peacock from Fly Tyers Dungeon. Tied with a dubbing loop. Really cool material. Usually make the bodies on these with dark hare's ear, but tried this material on the gills this past fall and they couldn't get enough of them.

I love coarse and wet and peacock!!!!! Peacock and coarse and wet are similar in materials only peacock has red blue gold and green mixed in to the regular color. I normally just pinch it on to my working thread and then pick it out with my bodkin.

OK, Chase Creek, I looked it up at the Fly Tyer's Dungeon and they have several different colors, but the first one is just called "Peacock." Is that the one you used?

Thanks

BB

BB, the material I used came as part of the "Xmas" box they sold for $25 last year. The Mr. Peacock came in 3 different flavors, in seperate packages, but all were labeled just "Mr. Peacock". There was one package with the greenish color I used on these flies (looks like a mixture of the other two), another that was a much brighter pure green and one that was more of a root beerish color. I just looked at the website, and it appears that is what you will get if you order Mr. Peacock; some of all three colors. You might try e-mailing them to be sure. Hope that helps.

I did a tutorial on hatches on how I dub. I show the peacock box 12 colors in all for 7 bucks. remember the shipping side of the dungeon is ultra slow but the quality is ultra freakin sweet!!!!! Peacock is the color listed red green blue etc plus other blue red green gold etc. mixed in. Coarse and wet is the same but in a solid color. They also make a hairs ear dubbin that is fantastic and there antron is also freakin sweet!!!

Hello, Everyone. Tomorrow is the deadline for this swap & so far, I have 11 of the 15 sets. Batman's are in the mail & I believe that Madkasel's are also. I don't know about the other two sets. If any of you have updates on the status of your flies for this swap, please let me know.

Thanks

BB