Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Chad Trout

The Hatch

chad

a very interesting fly

i would like to know a little more about it like thew dressing and where it came from

all the best

john

Matt - oh yeah, it has been fished on the Big Horn, Frying Pan, Blue, Cheesman and the Dream Stream all with good results.

Jon boy- I got the idea from a fly pattern I saw in Flytyer magazine about two flies on the same hook. So I played around with a few different ideas until I came up with about a 6 different styles. This one was the first one I came up.

Its on a partridge swimming nymph hook size 12.

Bottom fly is basically a copper john and the top fly is some dubbing, krystal flash strands, ostrich and bead.

Chad,

What a great looking fly. A great idea of what appears to be a very vulnerable stage in the hatch cycle. That, in my opinion, is a great characteristic for a fly to have.

Nice work!

Mark

Thanks Guys for the comments. Mark, yes it works like a treat during the hatch cycle and when fishing is tough on the tailwaters that one seems to always catch fish!!! Plus its a fun tie!

great concept chad! I love that fly. (ps: I don't use the "L" word that often:)

that is a true emerger. very nicely done. I especialy like the krystal flash wing. and good proportions.

chris