Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
day5

Mason recap

Mason was a great time!I got a chance to catch up with some of the members here PK, Two hearted, Rifle river, sawcat, Feathersmc, Bruce Derington, Nomad, BFR, Mato, Wicked (word!), Redwings1, ridderbos, Steelie :wallbash: uh who am I missing? I think we (redwings1 ridderbos and I) sold 70 hatches mags (HUGE HIT! :yahoo: ) I know Helms was also selling them So I'm going to guess 100+ sold. I did not get a chance to walk around much it was pretty busy for most of the show. Overall it was a blast to catch up with some of the guys I wish I could see more often. :headbang:

Glad to see you made it back through the storm, Matt!

Thanks to all for the tips and examples. Even though he was getting cranky from lack of nap, Nick says (now that he slept all the way back) that he had fun, and he says thanks to Mr. Day5 for the fly, and Ridderbos for the sugar.

It was cool to meet those I met who I had not previously met (Redwings1 and Twohearted) and good to see those I had not seen in a while (Day5 and Ridderbos). I think I saw Steelie from a distance, but regret not seeing the others.

On the way home, the wife was talking about maybe trying to fly fish some day....

Your special place will be lost forever if she joins you.....Just kidding I wish my wife fished! we hit Kzoo right as it stated to get bad.

Good to see some of the ftf folks there. As usual, walked away with some new ideas and tying techniques. Still sitting by the phone waiting for the call about the grand prize.

As usual there was a lot of great information there. I was a little disappointed in not having the large vendor booths there that were there last year. I had planned on buying a few things but ended up stopping at D&R in Kalamazoo on the way home to buy the ceramic tipped bobbin I have been wanting, along with misc. other items. Another $40 in the sink hole. I did get a box of different floss colors at the show, but I passed on the $80 and $100 prints that they were selling at the door. Seems like a lot of money for a print to me but then I am not an art collector. I suppose I could always sell my house and have some very nice prints to push around in my shopping cart. I bought a fly from Day5 and had him sign a card to go along with it, will be the first item to go into my Day5 shrine :bugeyes: I'm putting it away somewhere to sell on ebay when he is rich and famous; or if he dies first it will be worth even more. Watcing the professional tyers at work is fascinating because they have developed their techniques way beyond the amateur tyer that I am.

Moses Thanks for stopping buy! I hope I live long enough to make that worth something for you. But you might be better off in investing in a car lol! I'm not sure any thing I make will be worth much any day but it would be cool if it was.

I tried to stop by DNR sports also, but it was already closed. :(

Guess we shouldn't have stopped at Art's pizza in Lansing first.

Looks like there were lots of FTF folks I missed meeting.

Day5 - First, you should have stopped by NY to pick me up! Second...I TOLD YOU TO TAKE PICTURES!!!

some kids just never learn!

glad you guys had a good time. Maybe next year i'll make it.....if by some chance I get rich before then!

Here this is one photo I did get.This is what it looked like for most of the day the shot is of redwings1

Ok, at least we got one picture. is that Ridderbos tying? or am I just completely wrong?

One of those people watching Mike tie sure is a handsome devil... B)

I do not see steelie in there any where???? :hyst: