Fly Tying
1morecast

Waiting for Rivers to Clear..

I was going to fish this morning. Well,Mother nature had other plans, we were hit with snow and then slammed with rain and warm temperatures. All of our rivers are at or above flood stage!! So it will be a morning at the vise, playing with the ideas that seem to come to me more while i am on the river, then while I am on the vise.

This is a varation of Art Lingren's successfull pattern, the Indispensable. i have always liked the black and blue combination.

Frank

post-9901-1196796963_thumb.jpg

:headbang: Man, that is a great looking fly! :thumbup: :clapping:

I'd love to see the full recipe for this fly. Black & Blue is one of my favorite color combinations. Looks like a killer fly for steelhead.

I saw the title of the thread, and knew it had to be a PNW guy. Hell, you're in the same town!

Jeff

I was out Sunday morning. River was fine. Getting there was the hard part with a foot of snow and downed trees. Gotta love winter steelheading.

Jeff,

Just moved to P.A. 6 weeks ago, love it out here, and I don't miss the Montana winters!

Ray,

Thx for the complement. i have had success with the black/blue combo for steelhead. Here is the recipe;

Hook; 7999 sz. 2/0.

Thread : Blue

Tag: Medium oval silver tinsel.

Tail: A small clump of royal blue artic fox tail with 2 strands each of dark blue & black crystal flash on each side of the hook. (I like to split the tail, gives the tail a little more action in the water.)

Rib: Medium oval silver tinsel.

Body: 1/3 Kingfisher blue seal. 2/3 black seal.

Hackle: Kingfisher blue saddle at the juction where the blue and black seal meet. Royal blue saddle palmered through black seal.

Collar: Peacock breastfeather..

Wing: Dyed black GP feather.

Head: Blue.