Fly Tying

Received mine today. A very nice set of flies. Bruce, the sedgehog is one of my more recent favourites. It can be tyed large or small and with any combination of dubbing and hair you please. One variation even replaces the hackle with a clipped deerhair head. (Thought you'd like that one!)

Many thanks Merle for hosting this swap.

got em today. very impressive!!!

Floyd, I realy liked the ones you sent. How did you get the different colors on the upper and lower body? Very nice flies

great ties everybody.

Thanks again RRSS. Good Swap :thumbsup:

Hi Chrisfish glad you liked my flies. You did a nice job on your Deer Hair Caddis also. Can't wait to give it a try. Here's the tying Instructions for the ‘Hairy Tom'

Wrap thread on hook back to bend. Even tips of hair and cut to length and tie tail on hook. Wrap thread up to about 2/3's of the shank. Turn hook upside down. Take small bunch of contrasting color deer hair and place on underside of hook with two wraps of thread and pull tight. Do not allow to spin. Cut hair and move thread back of the bunch of hair you just put on. Place hair on hook with two wraps and tighten. Cut hair again. Turn hook right side up. Thread should be at back of hook. Take contrasting colored hair and place on top of hook with two wraps and pull tight. Cut hair and move thread up in front of this bunch and place another bunch on hook and put two wraps over it and pull tight. Cut hair. Place remainder of hair in stacker to even up later for hackle. Half hitch thread and remove fly from vise and trim to shape. Place back into vise and retie thread to hook and put on eyes if you want eyes on your fly. Now even the hair tips in your stacker. Take hair from stacker and hold tips in your fingers and cut to length. Place on top of hook with a couple of wraps and pull tight. Do not allow to spin. Trim head and with fingers pull hackle forward and distribute hair evenly over top half of fly. The tail will be flared at this time. If you want it together more take a piece of thread and tie a simple overhand knot around the middle of the tail and put a small drop of glue at the base of the tail. After drying remove thread. This fly is named after my best friend and fishing buddy who died June 2, 2003. His name was Tom Poli

I received my flies in the mail yesterday. I am humbled by the abilities of some of you guys! Your efforts were outstanding!

Thanks for hosting and having me on board RRSS! Hope to hook up again in the future! :headbang: