Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

MSU

Hey yall, I have been doin some research on landscape architect for a class, cause that`s what I want to do after college, and I heard that MSU is a great college for that career. Is this true? I know alot of yall are from Michigan. How far is it from yall? Is it close to any really good fishin? Is it a good school? I know I`m young, but I want to go ahead and be talkin to colleges around the end of next year, so they will know who I am, and will maybe watch me for a possible golf scholarship. Thanks! Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

State and U of M are both excellent schools grayson but they are very hard to get into so since your still young and it will be a few years best advice i can give you is to do your best and keep your grades up.

Probaly sounded like your parents but its very true if you want to get into a school like that.

SD

Completely understand about the grades, and even though you might sound like your parents, you also sound like me. My parents don`t push me near as hard as I do myself. Of course, I might could do a little bit better in school, but I don`t want to be a book worm. I`m hopin to get into college on a mostly golf, but partly academic scholarship. Time will tell. Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

My buddy manages a golf course and took quite a few classes through MSU. They have quite a few courses designed around grasses and chemical applications (ie..fertilizers). They are known for their agricultural courses as well.

the MSU turfgass and soil science college is, if not the best, one of the best in the nation. They are renowned for their grass for both golf courses and sporting events (world cup soccer, grass in Comerica Park, designed removable grass for the world cup and MSU spartan stadium). I don't know how hard it would be to get into (after all, I went into engineering), but I would imagine its pretty competitive.

Bottom line, keep your grades up, apply to several schools, then see what your options are. You're too young to really start worrying about this already. But since you seem on a little bit of a headstart, think GREEN AND WHITE.... GO SPARTANS! hehe.....

steve

Excellent school, my daughter tried to get in there first but I'll tell you straight up they like to take a lot of in-state kids first, before they fill the ranks out. She's just down the road at Eastern Michigan Univ in their Med School program, she put's in an application for transfer the two years she's been in school.

Having worked in the Education Field, I'll just echo what you said keep up your grades, make sure you are in school groups colleges like to see that, and also community involvement are big plus's.

Good Luck,

Fatman