Fly Tying

2008 Tom Nixon Pattern Swap

We have our second dropout...but for very good reasons. Yesterday shenandoahangler was in an accident and severely broke his arm We all wish you a swift recovery.

Mark Delaney

Yow! Hope he's gonna be okay.

Just a reminder: the Tom Nixon pattern flies are due to me by April 30th at

Mark Delaney

316 W. LaGrange St.

Lake Charles, LA 70605-1508

Time for me to get tying as well. I've been running all over for meetings the past nth but now that is done for a while.

Mark Delaney

Mine should be done in the next day or two and be on the way shortly after, should be on time np...

Thanks

Mark

A swarm of Zulu's are flying your way. :lol:

My herl was just to old and brittle to use so I had to

substitute. The result turned out nice. :blink:

Hope they will suffice as I don't have the tying

experience that many of the others do. :dunno:

deserttrout/Jim Phillips

Our due date is still April 30th. Several sets of flies have arrived, but work has had me swamped for the past week. I'll try to catch up early next week, and scan the new arrivals as well so everyone can see them. I will put all the flies up on a webpage as well. This weekend I've got to finish up flies for swaps...(two from another site)...

Mark Delaney

To everyone in this swap. It's with a very heavy heart that I make this post...but Mark Delaney (Chemproof2001) just passed away this morning. Please say a prayer for Marks family in their time of need. Mark will be very deepely missed around here.

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=35431

Steve

Fellow tyers

Mark Delaney passed away this weekend :( :crying: :sick: . He will be missed by many. Folks on VFB are haveing a Memorial fly tie and will send the results to his widow.

deserttrout

Yesterday I received the Zulus I sent in for this swap, back. His family is returning those that included the self-addressed/stamped envelope.

This was the last swap Mark ran before he passed away and he was not able to get them sorted and returned to the swappers. If we all get our flys back; is there any interest in completeing the swap with another SM? Or is would this be in bad taste? I will do it if not.

Jim

I doubt I will get mine back as I hand delivered mine to Mark and he was going to do the same at the end of the swap.Not even sure I toe tag them.

If i get mine back or not I am not worried about it either way, if everybody gets theirs back and wants to finish it in his honor that would be great with me also, whatever this group wants to do is fine with me,

everybody have a nice day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,B,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,