Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
3FL2

SO much to say...

Hello Everyone,

Well I guess I will begin with the EXPO. I recently attended the Somerset, NJ Fly Fishing EXPO, I spent alot of money that should have gone to other things....The show was The best I've been to. Knowlegable friendly vendors eager to take your money...I spotted HATCHES Mag a total of like 4 times in various booths. Keough is one that remember. I met some classy guys From Hush fly, There stuff was great, and they let us hang with them all day-Shout out to hush fly..Nice job. Check them out at www.hushflyfishing.com. I picked up a March brown 4 wt travel rod, Sharkskin fly line..99 bucks but it's worth it, Fly tying supplies from Shu-Fly, J STOCKARD WAS TRUELY MISSED AT THIS EXPO!!! I WISH YOU GUYS WERE THERE... :( . Overall I wish there were more shows that i could go to and network with some of the best people in the business.

On to tying... I have officialy kicked off the "Tie your box before April 1st contest". My fly fishing buddy and I have to tie our flies to fill our boxes before April 1st opening Day for trout in Ny or else the other guy gets the other guys flies!! I tied some brown hackle peacock, BWO, And a different Muddler Minnow White deer hair.. Pics will be posted soon. I was able to spin deer hair for the first time with ease, And I'm impressed with the spun white deer hair. Ok that's my report.

On to tying!~

-Chuck

I enjoyed the show as well. picked up a new reel for the 2 wt. im building :headbang: and got a new idea for building a rod tube for it. a success indeed

We have an Expo coming up in March 8 and 9. It's in Detroit Michigan. Here is the link to it. /www.mffc.org/. I to would like to see the J. Stockard booth. We did have a booth from new Hampshire. It's the biggest show we have her in the Mid West. :yahoo:

Good to hear that Hatches made an appearance. Nick texted me Saturday morning letting me know he was sold out of what he had so I hope Bill and the other dealers didn't have to bring any home as well.

I'll be there next year hopefully...

I was there on Fri & was seeing Hatches mag too......I thought I was bad about carrying a long list of things to buy until I saw one guy carrying a clip board with about 2 pages of tying things he needed.....for a minute I thought he was taking inventory . I'm still disappointed with the boothes that sell mag. subscriptions....they will not part with a single mag unless you buy a subscription....I remember years ago when they would almost be throwing them at everybody just so you could read their mags.