Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Troutbums prize catch

Troutbum is a very modest man and didnt want the star treatment from us over the fish he caught so here is good ol' TB with his fish.

P.S...he thinks its a tarpon dont tell him otherwise wink.gif

user posted image

SD tongue.gif

Man you guys sure are hard on the "senior set"

Just think, about this time he's sharpening his hooks in preparation for Tarpon season. He told me that for a few years they would land them and then release the fish. Now they just break them off after the first run. Kinda lika a nuisance fish.

I hear ya Paul, the big ones will hurt ya. headbang.gif

As soon as Steve starts posting the site's ranking drops to #14. Coincidence? I think not! Where's Chris? I'm gonna bring in the big guns. boxing.gif

Hi Ralf, How's it going?

Not bad, Paul

Just getting ready for the hatches. I missed them last weekend. The weather turned to shit and the temps dropped like a rock.

Been busy tying hennies, caddis, small streamers and some spinner patterns. I'm taking pops after Sunday brunch with mom. I'm sure she'll be glad to get rid of him for the night. Pat's gonna join us for a long float on Monday. Of course like every weekend they're calling for off and on showers. At least it's "supposed" to be in the 60's dry.gif If it ain't snowin', it's blowing or raining. This has got to be one of the shittiest Springs I can remember. Even the Big Water guys can't get out.

Oh well, it's Michigan if you don't like it wait a minute, it'll change thumbdown.gif shit.gif

At least here the weather is predictable, it's either sunny and hot, or sunny and hot. cool.gif

I'm hitting the beach this weekend, the snook are out and I'm looking forward to some sight casting. From now until October, Snook will be cruising 10' off the waterline doing the mating thing. It's catch and release only, so all of the meat fishermen are doing something else. It's also a chance to terrorize the beach walkers with my backcast. tongue.gif

Orlando isn't anywhere near the beach. I offered to take him fishng, but I think the wife wouldn't let him go. tongue.gif