Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

I am so sun burned.

I should have known better I spent most of the day at typhoon lagon and I am paying for it right now.

I can hardly type and I hope that I am better bye this weekend so I can fly fish

OSD.

Every year we go south the whole group ends up being burnt to a crisp the very first day and then lays around in misery the rest of the week. Nothing sucks like a bad sun burn, I don't envy you bud.

take care bud and have a safe trip home.

lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

SUNBLOCK!!!!! Buy some...

Geeze, you northerners you come down here and fry like bacon.

Ya TroutBum

Your southern sun burnt my white yankee Mooning-Smilie.gif skin and and I'm not sure that I can fish this weekend when I get back up north (Dam it) wallbash.gif

OSD.

Bob say it ain t true.

Your southern sun burnt my white yankee skin and and I'm not sure that I can fish this weekend when I get back up north (Dam it)

This doesn t sound good.

Kevin

Maybe by Sat. I might be ok, but as of now that kind of arm movement might give me some trouble.

OSD.

Look at the bright side (pun slightly intended) your skin may serve as an attractor for any fish attracted to the red glow. Maybe we should refer to you as a Royal OSD ?

All kidding aside, drink lots of water (skin heals faster) get back to a more northern climate. You're not driving back are you? That would be painful.

Nope I will board a jet at 7:00 Pm Tue. and be home by 10:00pm.

but my skin isn't royal red it's more like purple (I got it bad) help.gif

I can't believe the sun is so strong down here even in May.

I'm hoping My casting arm will be ok to cast when I get back home dunno.gif

OSD.

Start puttin aloe on it now bob and you "should" be ok by saterday. I've got burned from the rays while welding a few times and found the bottle of green aloe is the best thing to use.

SD

It really isn't funny how often tourists come down here and don't realize how quickly they get sunburned. The tropical sun will get you seriously burned in about 15 minutes if you're not wearing at least a SPF 30 sunblock. I personally use SPF 50, I'm not so vain that I think I need a tan. Pastey white ain't so bad, it beats the hell out of skin cancer. bugeyes.gif

I have a fishing buddy who is a Dermotologist and when he hits the water he looks like a mummy, only his mouth, chin, nose and fingertips are exposed. And those are slathered with sunblock. So, a warning to all you yankees; when you visit FL don't forget to BE CAREFUL!