Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
SW0352

Playing with Photoshop

Someone posted a link to an awesome pic of a girl holding and resting her head on the moon not too long ago and I had to try my hand at something similar.

I just got Photoshop a couple months ago and still haven't figured a quarter of it out yet, so this doesn't hold a candle to the pic in the link. I still think it looks pretty cool. Anyone else play around with PS like this?

IPB Image

Everybody's heard about the bulls that run through the streets of Pamplona during the Feria de San Fermin but few Americans have encountered the ferocious giant cats that lurk throughout the Spanish city year round. These felines average between 50-75 pounds, and prey on small children, dogs and the drunks that litter the streets during the festival. Here's a picture of my wife performing a veronica on a particularly loathsome specimen that refused to allow the terrified bulls to access the bull ring gate. It's probably the worst picture ever taken of my wife and she'd cut my throat if she knew I was posting it, but her courage in the face of danger deserves recognition.

IPB Image

Peterjay, that's pretty funny. Gotta watch them damn cats. :D

JayMorr, very cool! I was actually thinking about doing one like that, today at work. My son thinks it's cool as can be.

SW0352,

Just curious, I noticed you had Semper Fi in your sig and the Ka-Bar and .45 for your avatar. I am guessing the SW is your initials but I do know what 0352 is. Were you a TOW gunner?

I was an 0351 Dragon Gunner. Well, they don't make the Dragon anymore but that's what I was.

stony, you are correct. SW are my initials and 0352 was my MOS. I also had 0351 as a secondary. I was at Pendleton from '90 to '94.

TOW Co. 1st Tank Bn from '91 to '92 when they disbanded us and then A/A Plt. WPNS Co. 2/9 from '92 to my EAS.

I never got to fire a Dragon, but I'm not really sure I want to either. lol

When were you in and who were you with?

Wow, too crazy. I was with Weapons Co. 1/9 (The Walking Dead) from '89 - '93 at Pendleton also. Camp Horno to be exact. We had 3 squads of Dragons. 1st was attached to the Tow platoon, 2nd was attached to the 0311's, and 3rd was attached to the mortars. I was in 1st squad so I got to ride in the hummers with you guys all the time.

We were basically in at the same exact timeframe.

I think I fired somewhere around 13 or 14 actual Dragon Rounds. I fired 2 of them in Desert Storm.

That is too cool.

Small Corps, huh? We almost surely know some of the same people. I can't remember who all went where when they disbanded TOW Co. but if I'm not mistaken 1/9 got Sgt. Fryman, Cpl. Galloway, L/Cpls Knowlton, Powers, Riley...... ??? It's been a long time.

I also stayed at the 5th Marines barracks at Horno when I was FAP'd to maintenance for 6 months in '93.