Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fred H.

I need help

sorry to ask such beginner questions.But now I can't get the pictures on my computer to upload on this forum in the size I want them.I just uploaded a picture in Tom Nixon swap thread and it was 3072 x2304 3.38 MB. I went to where it said add attacthment . clicked brouse,found the picture ,clicked open ,then add attachment.The thumbnail looks good but when you click to veiw larger veiw it takes forever to load this gigantic picture .help please.

if you use a photo hosting site like photobucket, it will allow you to pick a smaller size for uploading to bulletin boards

you can also find free photo resizing software out on the web

you can download picasa for free and it can resize your photos

I just got a card reader,it came with a cd .when I upload a pic it goes into my pictures on windows XP.

...and it was 3072 x2304 3.38 MB...it takes forever to load this gigantic picture.

Fred,

I usually resize image files to a jpg format, 500 x 332 (constrained to photo ratio length x width). With high resolution this will produce a file around 150 KB. Files this size load fast enough to satisfy most folks on this site. This image is 500 x 332, 156 KB. Of course, you can decrease resolution to reduce the file size.

IPB Image

I also added the image as an attachment, you can judge the download time. It has been a while since I used XP, but think I used the "Paint" application to resize. You can use the drop down menu under image>attributes and size by pixels and see the file size in the dialogue box. You can also use the image>resize option in "Paint" and resize based on percent of the original.

Clear as mud...?

Russ

post-1362-1202423665_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all the great help guys .I'll try this tonight when I get the other computer.

PIXresizer is what I use most of the time to resize my pics. Free download and very simple to use. Click the bold to read more about it and download it.

Don't resize your originals though just in case later on you need the bigger file. You can use the originals if you "save as" so you still have the original, but to be really safe you might want to make a copy then resize the copy.