Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

28 in brown

i told my friend mike i would post this pic for him here. he wont join himself for some reason, but i am converting him over to fly dunking.

he caught this bad boy after a rainstorm moved through this weekend out of a locally stocked pond.

user posted image

Wow what a pig!!!!! Is that a resident fish that had been in the pond for a few years?

will, i dont think it was a resident. the water gets quite warm (its only 30ft deep) and they stock it with some brutes every year before april.

he got this on a spinning rod. it is quite a funny story. he was using leaf worms dunno.gif and felt the rod start throbbing. he said he fought it for a while and then finally landed it. when he went to get the hook out of the fishes mouth, he realized that there was another fish on the hook. a very tiny bluegill had opted to take his "bait" and became lunch for the brown. kinda weird.

....and here I thought you may have broken the spell.

Nice fish and I'll take luck over skill any day. (Dumb luck in my case) laugh.gif

QUOTE (Shoe @ May 11 2004, 04:17 PM)
....and here I thought you may have broken the spell.

my time is coming, and it wont be from any stocked pond!!

when you gonna be up in mio this weekend, he cancelled out trip this weekend

I doubt I'll hit Mio. I'm still trying to decipher the upper reaches. Come on up. Looks like John, Sarah, Tim, OSD, Kevin, Scott and a few other will be there. I'm sure spotting you wouldn't be an issue.

Very nice! I love the way a big Brown Trout's face begins to look like something that should be in a monster movie. Imagine if you were 8" tall, swimming along and came face to face with that. Yow!