Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Final Hat Design - Any Comments?

Well I am getting ready to get the forum hats together and sent the logo to the embroidery shop for a quote on having it digitized. Now all that I need to do is setup an appointment with them to pick out the hat styles. As in our previous threads about hats I will be going with an unstructured solid colored hat and at this point I will be getting a beige and a forest green version. Depending on the minimum quantity needed if some of you would like a different color combination we can do that as well. The hats will have a fabric buckle type adjustable strap instead of velcro. I will get the best possible hat while keeping the cost somewhat reasonable.

Anyway this is your last chance to voice your opinion on the hats and if you think of a better color combo please let me know.

Let me know what you guys think.

Here is the beige version

post-3-1084297791.gif

How big are you thinking?

Personally I would think keeping it on the small side would be a classier touch.

I agree with shoe on the smaller size of the logo! Keep it tasteful!!

What no red hats!!! biggrin.gif

I spoke with the guy at the embroidery shop on the phone and he said the standard logo was 2" x 4". I told him I thought that sounded kinda big. I just drew it out on a piece of paper and I think I would like to scale it down a little more than that. I will be playing around with the size of the logo and will come up with something that isn't gaudy while still being big enough so that you can actually see what it is. The pics I put up on the screen are way bigger than what would be embroidered on the hat, I just threw up a higher resolution version of the logo for you guys to see wink.gif

Dave your making my life very difficult dry.gif tongue.gif

I just got off the phone with the guy again and he said I need a minimum of 12 hats and that I can do different colored hats to make up that 12. He did say that there is a minimum of 6 hats that have the same stitch color for example the forest hat has white/light green so I would need at least 6 hats with that stitching color but could have 6 different colored hats. I can design other stitch color combos(2 colors) if there is at least 6 people who want them.

I also remember some members wanting their username embroidered on the back of the hat and they said they can do that for about $4.00 extra per hat so I will make that an option so each member can decide if they want that or not.

Personally I would think keeping it on the small side would be a classier touch.

2x4 is pretty large, for that matter I have hats a tiny 1x1 inch logo on them but... Those guys with the really big heads would make some nice billboards for the forum with a larger logo. laugh.gif

This is just an idea but when I first asked about hats I was thinking of the original logo on front with www.flytyingforum.com arched over the back of tan hat. That wouldn't be 2x4 though. There are lots of options I'm sure you'll pick some good ones.

Maybe those Ohio guys have huge heads and need a large logo. I don't think normal people need a logo that big. cool.gif

I talked it over with Shoe and here is the scale that we came up with: 1 3/8" tall by 3 1/4" wide. Just to put it into perspective the text "FLYTYINGFORUM.COM" is only 3/16" tall. I printed it out at that scale and it looks perfect IMO.

Will i want a tan hat with a green bill and a dark brown strap with a white buckle and auqa stitching laugh.gif

seriously....i like the logo and i think that size logo you & ralph decided on sounds about right.

SD

Well speaking for one of us Ohio Guys. wink.gif I like the idea of the Tan Hat with the Dark Green Bill and I am especially glad to hear of NO Velcro. biggrin.gif

With the Logo Size, I agree with the smaller Logo with the Lettering done in the Dark Green.

I can add my own Brown Leather Chin Strap later. tongue.gif

Sounds like a syling lid. I like the idea also about having our user names across the back as well. What about the actual hat style it self? Will it be the closer to the skull fit (G. Loomis-fear no fish), or the big head, trucker style helmet? biggrin.gif

Also would we be able to just tack the hat cost to the tail end of our hook purchase?

Art

artimus,

The style of the hat is "unstructured" which means there is no hard material in the front of the hat that makes it somewhat taller. It will also have a fabric clasp instead of velcro on the back.

As far as grouping the money together it would all depend on the timing of both. Right now the hats are at least a few weeks away.