Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Peterjay

Is it spring yet?

Just a few pix from the past couple of weeks. I found this bench overlooking Fisher's Island Sound and thought the scene had a nice Japanese kind of feel to it with the fog and all. What I really wanted to do was shoot it in a snowstorm with some snow in the foreground and the flakes obscuring the water. I went back during a snowstorm this week, but without the fog, the bench just blends into the water. Guess it's gonna take a near whiteout to get what I really want.

IPB Image

The bench didn't work out like I'd hoped, but I thought the beach and the jetty were pretty in the snow. The gate was open, so I guess it was OK to go swimming, but nobody seemed interested.

IPB Image

Prowling around the docks - I liked the composition of the winch and the piling.

IPB Image

The calendar says spring is on the way, but as you can see, Old Man Winter still has a smile on his face. I don't know about you guys, but I've had just about enough of this dude for one year.

IPB Image

Like the take on Old man winter, and while an open gate is usually inviting it doesnt look all that does it :)

well on sunday the high was 85 down here in south texas,

and this A.M. it was 37 when i woke up

im hoping to make it down to the coast this weekend.. hopefuly i will take my camera, its just so risky take a dslr in the salt water

I like the bench shot. It leaves a lot to the imagination. Makes you wonder who has sat there before to watch a sunset or sunrise and what they thought or talked about.

It seems during that winter I wish I was out with the camera more than any other time of year. I see so many potential shots. With that said, I'm ready for spring too! I've had enough of the cold and snow.

Yeah Matt - I like to shoot in the winter too - lots of good subject matter and you don't have to get up at 4 AM to find decent light. Still, cabin fever is beginning to rear its ugly head; around here it's not the snow that gets to you, it's the rain and gloom. LOL not that it matters - now that I've got a printer picked out, my fate is probably sealed for the next six months or so. I'll be lucky to get out of the house long enough to fish, never mind shoot. (don't mind me - wallowing in self-pity is one of my specialties)