Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Flyfishingcolorado

Snakes snakes

Taking time off fly fishing to go after big large mouths only one problem????

To many rattlers at the lake. Evrywhere I looked there was a snake. I never put my flip fins on so fast. Now I'm in the water safe right? Not quite rattle snakes are not afraid of water. After feaking out, tripping and falling in the drink, i rippied my flippers off grabbed my gear and ran like hell. I'am afaird of any snakes. There I'am hair on end soaking wet running for my life when I realize there is about 8 people on the bike path watching the hole thing. Now try and act cool they didn't see a thing. Yeah right, they were about to pee their pants from laughing so hard.

What a trip.(lol) Well at least someone had fun. Oh yeah by the way before I put on a side show for the bikers I managed to catch 5 large mouth 18" the biggest and lets not talk about the other 4. Have a gas at my expence, eight others already have.

Still wet and shaking

Flyfishingcolorado help.gif

Don't worry bud stuff like that happens to the rest of us all the time..................................... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

Hi flyfishingcolorado, I'm not sure where you were at. But a couple of weekends ago I was at Brush Hollow (around Penrose) which is notorious for their rattlesnake population. But I didn't see a single one. Hope you don't see anymore of those rattlers.

jim

colorado springs

Even though that could have been very serious FFC i couldnt help but chuckle with the way you described the incident wink.gif

Glad you managed to keep some distance between you and the rattlers i've come across a few snakes myself on the rivers and always give them room.

SD

Whatever the reason they were there; that's one place I just marked down to stay away from. I fish Florida a lot but not freshwater. The saltwater Gators and Sting Rays are enough to worry about.